New Mac Pro!!

Reaction score
My brand new Mac Pro just came today!!!! I am soooo excited!! My 1st Mac ever. I use a Mac at work but never owned one. :D :D :D :D

Quick question... I just found out that I bought a 4 core system. When I was speking it out it said 2 3.0 ghz dual core zeon... i thought it was just saying 2 two times. NOT 2 - Dual (2) core processors. Thats correct right?:D

So my question is. How does the 4 core processors work. My Dell comp is a 1.7 ghz P4... how can I compare that with the Mac? I know its not 3ghz x 4 = 12ghz. But what does it mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It simply means that there are 4 3Ghz cores working in tandem. The machine speed is still 3 Ghz, there are just more processing cores to handle the load.

One thing to keep in mind is that while OSX itself will take advantage of all 4 cores whenever it can, not all Applications will. Some will only use one core and some will use all 4 just not to their full capacity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.