installing osx onto my old pc

A

adam taylor

hmm, is installing osx on a pc possible? i'd imagine file formats would come in to the equation somewhere, and if it is possible, can it dualboot from the same HD as Win2k?

cheers all! (

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
nope not possible
PC's are on the x86 architecture which OSX can not install on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Does the PearPC emulator thingy-mabobber actually run it well, like fast and stable?

OP
D

dtx3000

well...reportedly it takes ~12 hours to install OSX, and you must buy an osx install cd. i'm also guessing that you have to be very computer savvy to be able to install darwin - but i think that x, the operating system will run OK once it's installed. not sure about the apps though. pearPC is at version .0.0.1 or something like that.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Installing Mac OS X under PearPC is violating Apple's ToS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
PearPC seems like a lot of bother. Far easier to just get a Mac :p

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
But for those who are on a tight budget... go PearPC. If you like OS X, you should get off the nicotine and use the money to buy a Mac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Absolute Zero said:
But for those who are on a tight budget... go PearPC. If you like OS X, you should get off the nicotine and use the money to buy a Mac. :)
F - i n Good point

OP
A

adam taylor

ah well, i havent touched my high spec pc since getting the ibook, i keep phucking up at work trying to use apple keyboard shortcuts!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
adam taylor said:
ah well, i havent touched my high spec pc since getting the ibook, i keep phucking up at work trying to use apple keyboard shortcuts!
That just rocks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.