cron job question

Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to create an automated job to download mails from a pop mail box and then forward them onto the smtp server which is running locally. I have used fetchmail before so decided to use that and got it running perfectly on the older server using cron but on the newer one it says it is now using launchd but i am unsure how to schedule a job using this can anyone help please

Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to create an automated job to download mails from a pop mail box and then forward them onto the smtp server which is running locally. I have used fetchmail before so decided to use that and got it running perfectly on the older server using cron but on the newer one it says it is now using launchd but i am unsure how to schedule a job using this can anyone help please

I can't give you a definite answer on what you need to do to get that job running smoothly like you were used to but I did a bit of research and uncovered a few useful ( I think they may be ) links. Being used to working with Cron Jobs directly, hopefully the information contained is at your level of expertise as it certainly is not mine.

Daemons

Launchd In Depth

Periodic jobs and launchd in OS X.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.