• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

My 48 Hour Film!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
so I entered a competition to create a movie in 48 hours. alot went wrong including loosing one of the writers, and the DP just hours before (sickness) and was forced to have the assistant director be the dp because the assistant dp broke his arm!

however, it was fun, although it didn't turn out as good as I thought it could have. I think the score came out nice, and the story was pretty good too, although the camera work is a little shaky.

Let me know what you guys think.
http://www.exquisite-video.com/48hour/ - site with info
http://www.exquisite-video.com/48hour/48hour.mov -direct link to movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1gb 80gb 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo
I just watched it. Great job. The camera work was fine. The actors were pretty decent lol.

Good job!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
Awesome job for a 48 hour turnaround. What camera(s) are you shooting with?

Reaction score
lighting was ish in a couple shots but im sure that you did what you could. acting and editing was good and the story was definately good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Very well put together. Amazing that you did it in 48 hours! :eek:

Nice captivating story too! :D

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah lighting was lacking because electricity was lacking and we didn't have enough time to set up generators and run long wires. we used what we had. we shot it with a dvx100b with a 35mm adaptor... we had an xl2 but only used it at at parts because we were not submitting true 16x9 and it was just to heavy. Hopefully the camera work will be better next year if our DP does not get sick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.