• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Uploading a final cut quicktime onto a windows machine

Reaction score
I took one of my finished videos as a quictime from work and brought it home on my ipod, but when i uploaded onto my windows machine the file type shows as just file. i want to put this video up online so any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You haven't given a lot of information. Like for instance, what format did you save it as onto your iPod?

It sounds to me like you do not have an extension on the file or you do not have Quicktime installed on the home machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
Do you have quicktime or itunes installed on your windows machine?
Simon :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.5 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram / iMac 27" 16 Gb Ram / MBP 2.16 Ghz, 2 Gb Ram, iPhone 5, iPad Min
if you exported the quicktime as a FCP movie, the odds are your peecee doesn't have the right codec to reproduce it, even if it does have quicktime installed. Try exporting your movie as quicktime conversion and use the cinepak codec.

or just stop using peecees... :)

cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.