well I finally got it... a few questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I finally bought what my specs say haha so far I love this laptop, but I have a few questions... actually just one for now.

when I close the lid what happens? does it go into a low power mode? shut down? etc... also can it charge while it is in... whatever state it is in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It is sleep mode. Everything is shut down and stored in memory so when you open the lid it starts up immediately. You can charge the laptop at any time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats on your new MBP!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Actually, it's not just Sleep. It's also Safe Sleep, which in the Windows world is known as "Hibernate."

What happens is it goes to Sleep, but at the same time, it saves the RAM's content onto the hard drive (Safe Sleep).

If you re-open the lid in normal circumstances (i.e., the power is not cut off until the next time you turn it on),
it will just wake up from Sleep normally.
The "waking up" process will happen almost instantaneously.

But if the battery runs out or anything happens that would stop the "Sleep,"
then next time you re-open it, it will awaken from "Safe Sleep" (loading the RAM from the hard drive).
In this case, the "waking up" will take a little longer.

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help. Umm question 2.... When I play a widescreen movie it still has the bars on the top and bottom... I thought with a widescreen monitor widescreen movies would be full screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Movies are shot at a 16:9 aspect ratio, your screen is 16:10, which is why there are bars.

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yet another question... in iPhoto, is there any way I can view my photos by the folders I originally had them in... rather than just broken down by year? I have them all arranged into folders from when I tranferred them over and if I go into pictures in the finder I can still see all the folders but I mean actually in iPhoto. help would greatly be appreciated

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yet another one popped up... is there any program for the Mac that will allow me to clip music files? I like to make my own ringtones for my phone and I would like to be able to select 30 second clips of the song and save the clips.

**edit**
never mind on this I just realized the program I used to use on Windows is available for Mac... Audacity is the name in case anybody else needs to know :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
yet another question... in iPhoto, is there any way I can view my photos by the folders I originally had them in... rather than just broken down by year? I have them all arranged into folders from when I tranferred them over and if I go into pictures in the finder I can still see all the folders but I mean actually in iPhoto. help would greatly be appreciated

Yes, drag the original folders from your HD into the left pane of iPhoto. You should see a folder pop up. This is what I mean: http://missig.org/julian/images/iphoto-flickr.png - take a look on the left.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.