Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 1.8 GHz
I just updated to 10.4.10 and now certain pages dont work w/ safari. It gets to a certain point in loading the page, and then (apparantly) tries to load somthing and quits. I sent a report thing to apple, but want to see if Its just a mistake I made. Also I tried installing safari beta 3 and it quits before opening. I also tried resetting safari.

Imac g5
Safari 2.0.4

Pages that quit on loading
www.excite.com
www.qj.net
(probobly alot more)

I have alot of plugins installed so that might be it.
If you need anymore info just ask.
Thanks
(right now I have to deal with crappy firefox)

Reaction score
I just installed 10.4.10 & had no problem with those sites.
Try clearing Safari cache & deleting history, deleting Safari prefs, or reinstalling Safari.
Not sure what plug ins you've installed, however if you can remove them & easily reinstall, try that too.

Reaction score
I went to the excite site from your link (Firefox's colours were turned off) and was presented with a page that says:
[FONT=verdana,] The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite.

Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,]But JavaScript and the cookies were turned on.

That page also says that I couldn't get in because the computer clock might be set 10 years ahead! Riiiight.

So I returned to your link, turned on the colours and was allowed in. That's the first time colours being turned off bounced me. The noive!

I had no trouble with the second link.

[/FONT]

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 1.8 GHz
I dont think theres a problem with the browser (in general). I Think theres just a problem with mine, how do you reinstall safari, and/or delete plugins

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.