• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

10.4.10 is out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I always wait awhile before updating to the latest service pack, they almost always have bugs in them :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I have tested my MBP with the internal speakers and with external speakers turned all the way up....no popping but boy o boy does the speaker noise that the mac mnakes to tell you that you are adjusting the volume, make a lot of noise when turned all the way up!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.0ghz CD 1gb 80HD SD *black*
ok

bug #1 i guess :(

MY SCREEN IS COMPLETELY BLACK UPON RESTART!!! :( this is horribly sad :( now im using my old vaio laptop :(

it just wont turn on :( makes the beautiful mac noise but no screen at all :( and no noise when i click volume up and down so im assuming my HDD crashed or something :(

Reaction score
. . . boy o boy does the speaker noise that the mac mnakes to tell you that you are adjusting the volume, make a lot of noise when turned all the way up!!!
You can turn off "Play feedback when volume is changed" in the Sound pref pane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Mine seems to have stopped doing the popping noise every 15 seconds, and rather just does it right before a sound is produced. It's like the audio jack turns itself off after a few seconds, then on again when it realizes it needs to make a sound. I wish it would just stay on...I hope apple does something about this soon...though since only a few of us have this problem, I'm worried. :eek:

Reaction score
My G4 seems OK. Two restarts, and no clicks from the speakers.

The update bumped up my user's library folder by 0.01 gigabytes and the Users folder by 0.1 megabytes. It didn't change the size of the system folder.

Maybe the sound problem affects Intels. If the system folder is left untouched, it might be something as simple as a plist screwup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Works fine on my iBook. Double restart....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Mine seems to have stopped doing the popping noise every 15 seconds, and rather just does it right before a sound is produced. It's like the audio jack turns itself off after a few seconds, then on again when it realizes it needs to make a sound. I wish it would just stay on...I hope apple does something about this soon...though since only a few of us have this problem, I'm worried. :eek:

Yeah, weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I'll wait for 10.4.10b2.1rc5 so the popping is fixed. I listen to music while I program... 18 hours of popping sounds would make me jump out the window. that's 4320 pops a day. Yikes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Well, it doesn't pop when music or anything noisy is playing. Only when something or something else decides no sound is playing, so the sound card can be turned off...resulting in a off-popping noise, and an on-popping noise when the system is emitting a sound.

Work-around for now (for me anyway) is to turn off the audible notifications in Adium...and I guess leave iTunes running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i downloaded the update on my C2D MBP and no popping noises, only one restart was required...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1gb 80gb 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo
I just finished mine, does anyone know what the update physically did?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Worked fine here on my first gen Blackbook! No popping of any kind!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Worked fine on my G5 Quad too. I had 5 other Apps open when I d/L'd and installed it too....

M

MacHeadCase

ok

bug #1 i guess :(

MY SCREEN IS COMPLETELY BLACK UPON RESTART!!! :( this is horribly sad :( now im using my old vaio laptop :(

it just wont turn on :( makes the beautiful mac noise but no screen at all :( and no noise when i click volume up and down so im assuming my HDD crashed or something :(

Try Resetting the PRAM and NVRAM (Open Firmware).

If that doesn't work, try Resetting MacBook and MacBook Pro System Management Controller (SMC).

Good luck. Let us know how it went.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
running the update now. cheers for letting us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.