Shipping?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Well I WAS going to buy my MBP today but it turns out that they don't have the 7200RPM drive for the 15" model in the store. So I just ordered it online, Apple says it will take 4-6 weeks to ship... is this true? or does it really ship faster? if it takes that long that is absurdly ridiculous

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry for double posting but I kinda need an answer fast here... also another question... If I do decide to cancel my order and just pick up a MBP with the 5400RPM drive from my store and get it today, is it able to be upgraded by Apple at the store later on? I know not by myself as it voids the warranty. If it can be done by Apple how much would this cost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Don't forget, when you order on line, it's "Build to order", so it does take a bit longer, especially if you have deviated from the base configuration. The hardware is pulled off the main line and then configured to your specs, so there is a time delay. That being said, my Quad said 4 to 6 weeks and showed up in 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
sorry for double posting but I kinda need an answer fast here... also another question... If I do decide to cancel my order and just pick up a MBP with the 5400RPM drive from my store and get it today, is it able to be upgraded by Apple at the store later on? I know not by myself as it voids the warranty. If it can be done by Apple how much would this cost?

Upgrading your HD on a Mac laptop does NOT void your warranty... it is a VERY simple process.

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not on the Macbook it doesn't but the Macbook Pro it does. I already canceled my order, I'll just get my MBP in the store today and settle for the 5400RPM drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I stand corrected... only the macbook HD's can be user replaced without voiding the warranty.

I already canceled my order, I'll just get my MBP in the store today and settle for the 5400RPM drive

Good choice IMO.

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea but wow it was complicated... I used my student discount and got the free Nano and the free printer. Well the printer and Nano are already prepared to ship and they can't be canceled. So after an hour on the phone here is the verdict.

The MBP is no longer on the invoice so the rebates are no longer in effect but they still have to ship the printer and the Nano and therefore I will be charged :[

BUT.... After an hour on the phone we came to an agreement that I am happy with.
The printer is being sent for free (no waiting for a rebate)
The Nano is still being charged to my credit card. But they are sending me a return label so I can ship it back for free.

Also I can pick up the iPod in the store tonight when I pick up my MBP and then it will qualify for the rebate yay!

So it was all a little confusing, but enough time spent with Apple on the phone I guess you can get what you want....

Now its just a matter of waiting until my dad gets home so we can drive up to the Apple store and pick up my MBP!!! I figure 7200RPM is not worth a 6 week wait. haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I figure 7200RPM is not worth a 6 week wait

I agree. I'm excited for you... I've been thinking about getting a MacBook or MBP quite a bit lately.

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea I'll let you know how I like it but I think its going to be great! And also in regards to the HDD speed i just realized that my external 500GB is 7200RPM so I can just keep my music and stuff on there... Looks like everything works out

Reaction score
I agree. I'm excited for you... I've been thinking about getting a MacBook or MBP quite a bit lately.

I just don't understand people like you. It's clear none of you know how to conserve money. You have a perfectly good 20-inch iMac yet you want a laptop? That's ludacris! You don't see something thats cool and buy it! SHEESH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just don't understand people like you. It's clear none of you know how to conserve money. You have a perfectly good 20-inch iMac yet you want a laptop? That's ludacris! You don't see something thats cool and buy it! SHEESH!

Maybe he has a legitimate use for a laptop? Not everyone sits at home all the time, many of us use our laptops on business travel as well.

Then again, it is his money.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

SHEESH????

I travel quite a bit, for example I travel to Denver at least 6 times per year so my kids can see their grandparents often... I take 3 weeks of vacation per year, and I spend a solid 10 consecutive days in Las Vegas for business every year...

I "conserve" quite a bit of money... We're talking $2k to $3k MAX... not exactly enough to retire on.. Thank you for being concerned with my financial well being. ;P

You don't see something thats cool and buy it!
How do you know what I do??? and yes... I do. :D

That's ludacris!

And what exactly does this rapper have to do with anything?????????

base_image

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.