Screen hinge, and 90 day repair warranty....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5, 1.8GHz, 2gb ram, 128mb video ram
Hey everyone,
I have a refurbished al powerbook g4, 1.5ghz, 15 inch that was purchased April of 06. The one year limited warranty had run out, and I didn't buy applecare, because I didn't have the $. I had my screen hinges tightened last January, and last late march, early april. Now it seems they need to be tightened every 90 or so days:Grimmace: . That really pisses me off, but the problem with this last repair is that I'm on a vacation right now, and need my laptop, and I will be on vacation when the warranty runs out. The questions are can I arrange something with apple so I can take my powerbook in for repair when I return from my vacation, and will they do something else about this? (replacement, store credit, etc, etc), because I will need to take in my powerbook in for repair every 90 or so days, and that is annoying.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am sure they will let you take it in if a repair is needed, however you will have to pay for any parts/labor as your warranty period is up.

Warranties don't last forever...'dems da breaks, friend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.