difference in processors?

Reaction score
So I'm a PC user who still needs to do a bit more research, but plans to get a Macbook. I'm giving my dad my PC, and in return he's buying a Mac for me. I pretty much know that I want to get a Macbook, but I have a question regarding the processors in the models. I was planning on getting the model with a 2.0 GHz processor, but I was talking with a friend last night and she said that if I wanted my computer to last past my graduation (I will be a junior in college in the fall) I should look into getting the 2.16 GHz model. I also found out last night that cost is kind of going to be an issue because I have to get more than just the computer, and even with my discount the faster computer will be a hundred or so more.
So...is there a difference between the two? Will the 2.0 model last just as long as the 2.16 or longer, or does it even matter, or what? A bit more about me, if it helps: While at college, I plan to use it for Office work, iTunes, web browsing, and DVD watching. During the summer I'll use it dor DVD watching, less iTunes use, and occasional web browsing if I'm near a Wi-Fi spot.
Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
I'd be surprised if you could tell a difference between 2.0 and 2.16 ghz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
that's ridiculous. you won't see a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.