MacBook from another continent

Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently in Venezuela and here MacBooks are a lot cheaper than in my country (Portugal) so I was thinking about buying one! I only wanted to know if there will be any problems or conflicts (aside from having to buy a power outlet adapter) like, for example, keyboard layout and software restrictions, etc... I'd be grateful if you could help me!
Thanks

Reaction score
The DVD regional code in Venezuela differs from Portugal's, so don't play any DVDs through Apple's player or you might be stuck when you return to Portugal. You can switch regional codes only five times before the system locks on the fifth.

If you want to play any DVDs in the Mac, download the free VLC player first and play the DVD through it. VLC ignores the regional-code programming. Make sure the Mac's player won't automatically play the DVD when it's loaded.

Sorry. I have no clue about Spanish/Portuguese keyboard differences. Maybe you could find a machine meant for Brazil's market. Switching layouts in the International preferences pane would be easy, but you'd be out of luck regarding any differences printed on the keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
I bought mine in the US and is now using it in New Zealand. Aside from the different power plug, everything worked fine. Like what Brown Sutdy said, I have to change the regional code to NZ so I can use it to view NZ's DVD's. I have 4 more changes to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.