Converting Youtube files to IPod?

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know of a free program for a Mac computer that can take the videos off of Youtube so you can watch them on your Ipod? Please explain in the simplest terms - I am extremely new to this and have no idea what I am doing. Thanks again, take care.

OP
B
Reaction score
Adding torrent downloaded videos to ipod?

Hello,
I am having some difficulty adding videos (.avi extension) to my Itunes library, to my ipod. I am clicking "add to library" and nothing happens. I am dragging and dropping and nothing appears. It is very frustrating. Can anyone help? What could possibly be the problem? Also, is there another program that is better then Itunes for organizing and transfering\synching your ipod, or is Itunes the best? THanks so much guys\girls!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Download iSquint and convert the videos to MP4 format for the iPod. Then upload.

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow! I love this website MacForums. Ever since I bought my Mac and Ipod you always help!!! Thanks so much!! I would have never figured half this stuff out on my own! Take care and have a great night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Wow! I love this website MacForums. Ever since I bought my Mac and Ipod you always help!!! Thanks so much!! I would have never figured half this stuff out on my own! Take care and have a great night.

Not to put you down or anything, but the file formats supported by iTunes and iPods are well documented. You might want to do some research of your own, and maybe your life will become less frustrating?

Have a good one.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yea, I'm kind of the type who doesn't read directions. No problem, the person who responded before you helped me out - they offered the program that converts the file to the Ipod supported file. Also, I am brand new to Mac and Ipod, so cut me a little slack. THanks, good night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Not to put you down or anything, but the file formats supported by iTunes and iPods are well documented. You might want to do some research of your own, and maybe your life will become less frustrating?

Have a good one.

Wow you deserve a cookie. Go buy one, NOW!

OP
B
Reaction score
Isquint and youtube?

Hello,
Someone recommended a while ago for me to DL Isquint, which worked great for converting a .avi to a .mp4 for my ipod viewing pleasure. I am now just realizing (I think) that you can use Isquint to convert Youtube files to some format that makes them viewable on your Ipod? Am I mistaken? If not, how do I do this? I opened Isquint; went on their website and found nothing explaining how to go about converting a youtube vid to a .mp4 or whatever. Please help, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Yes iSquint will convert youtube videos to .mp4 files. Here is what you need to do:

Start the video you want and in Safari click on Window and on Activity. With the Activity Window open, find the file that is downloading and changing size as it comes down. When it finishes loading, double click it. This will save the video as "get_video". This is the file you drag into iSquint. iSquint will convert it to an .mp4 and you can now watch it on your iPod.

If you would rather use Firefox, I recommend the DownloadHelper addon. With this, you simply right click the window while the video is playing, select DownloadHelper and select the file with the title of the video in the name. It will then save the video for you to drag into iSquint.

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow is all I have to say! How easier can it be!? I use Firefox so your recommendation regarding the add-on was immensely helpful, and that is an understatement. Thanks again and have a good night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.