iBook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1GHz ibook, 20 gig 4G ipod
Hi all,

Decided to switch to Mac, not completely though as I'll still keep my Shuttlw for gaming.

I've decided to replace my P4 laptop due to crappy battery life and the usual windows issues. I think I'm going to go for a 12" iBook, but I have the option of either a 800MHz one for £700 (UK btw) or a 1 GHz for £800. I'll need to chuck another £80 for an airport extreme card but that's a given. I use my laptop for general surfing, office stuff etc and I guess I'll use the iBook for the same type of stuff. Perhaps the odd game now and again but nothing to serious as I use my Athlon Shuttle for games as I said before.

So, what do you lot think? 800MHz ok or will I really ned 1GHz???

S

sirlan

I'd suggest going with the 1 GHz if you can swing it. A couple of rules of thumb I try to go by is get the most RAM you can and get the fastest processor you can. You might not need it now, but you'll be glad you got it later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I agree with that as upgrading the CPU is the most involved, so starting with the better of the 2 makes good sense

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1GHz ibook, 20 gig 4G ipod
Right then, looks like it'll be the 1GHz. You lot stateside get a much better deal on Macs than we do of course. It nearly makes it worthwhile getting a flight to buy one then shooting back again! Almost.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
pritsey said:
Right then, looks like it'll be the 1GHz. You lot stateside get a much better deal on Macs than we do of course. It nearly makes it worthwhile getting a flight to buy one then shooting back again! Almost.....
I hear that. I have seen the European prices!

J

Joeytpg

here were i live (Dominican Republic) the new Goverment made such BAD economic decision....that NOW a Powerbook 12" Superdrive costs like $2,400.......incredible!!!!

i'll order mine online (a lot cheaper!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.