MSN and Adium crashing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
Hi, I got my new MacBook Pro yesterday and since tonight MSN and Adium both keep crashing when they are opened. The only changes I have made since it was working is that I added another network but I can't see why that would cause them to crash. Anyone able to help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
If you're trying to use an AIM account, then I've been having the same problems. I haven't been able to figure it out yet, but I read on another forum that taking down your router's firewall (if you use a router) will solve the problem... it didn't work for me though.

T

todd51

Interesting, I've been using Adium for almost a year now for my AIM and MSN account, and I've never had an issue with it crashing.

However, I'm not sure if my router's firewall is disabled.

OP
Justin_P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's strange, but I'm not going to disable my firewall though to risky.

Reaction score
Does it only crash when they're launched together? Or when they're opened individually as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
did you download Safari 3 Beta?

i had problems with MSN crashing after i d/l it.
reverted back to Safari 2.0 and problem solved

OP
Justin_P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, I didn't download Safari. And they both do it individually, after MSN was crashing I tried Adium. I'm going to try completely getting rid of MSN and see what happens to Adium then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.