Is there a X1900 Driver for QUAD Xeon Mac Pro?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just unpacked a new mac pro with quad xeons and went to go grab the ati drivers as i assumed if they were installed at all, they'd need updating. But it seems ATI only have one for dual core xeons, and wont install on my system.

I know i'll feel like an idiot when someone tells me what's up, but hey, i don't know! :)

Anyone help me out?

thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
if the computer came with the card, you do not need to download any drivers or update anything. The beauty of apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3 B&W, 512Mb, 30Gb HDD, speed bumped to 450Mhz(by means of jumper pack), ATI Rage 128
i've done about 8 different google searches and i cant seem to find anything :( i guess i'll kinda fell like an idiot too. lol

OP
N
Reaction score
I dont need drivers? Its worrying me that the FPS im getting on second life is worse than my 3yr old nvidia card.....

and why would i not be able to at least find drivers? weird...

thx for the replies, if anyone can add more detail i'd love to hear it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
This isn't a windows machine. It's rare to ever need drivers.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am still a newb when it comes to those type of hardware questions with the Mac. But, I would think buying any Apple is similar to the way Dell deals with video card and other hardware manufacturers.

If you bought a Dell with an ATI card, for many years you could not download a driver for it from ATI. (Do not know if this is still the case. I would presume it is, but I have not kept up with this issue since I quit doing tech support for them.) It would not work. This is due to Dell making a deal to have ATI sell them a less expensive product, but still with the name on it. Some of the features are not present in the card itself, and in some cases the card could be underclocked a considerable amount from the retail version of the card. Part of the agreement to get the cards at that price point had Dell agreeing to provide the support and write at least a portion of the driver for the hardware they purchased.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.