Cant Adjust Brightness

Reaction score
My screen brightness cannot be adjusted using the f buttons or in the display settings box. It doesnt matter whether im in automatic adjust mode or not (which doesnt work when its checked anyways) the slider always moves back to the very lowest position even though my screen stays at a consistent high brightness. When i try to adjust with the f buttons it just shows the very left box lighting up each time i press it then it instantly goes back to no boxes, it never goes up more then the first box. Everything was working fine and then it just decided to stop working for some reason. Has this happened to anyone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you tried f15-key?

OP
S
Reaction score
Im on a macbook pro, i only have up to f12. It seems to have fixed itself though. Does anyone know what would have caused it to just decide not to work?

Reaction score
Solution: (Vista Ultimate)
Start >> Control Panel >> (Classic View) >> Boot Camp >> Brightness (tab)
Then: --Adjust Dim to Bright--

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.