• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iMacs on the way....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
That gets me kind of giddy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think this is too much of a stretch. Everythng else has been updated and the laptops are now more powerful than the iMacs. It isn't natural in the computer world for a company's laptop line to "outweigh" the desktops or be upgraded first. The only reason for the iMacs to be left out is because they are working on more difficult issues than sticking in a new chip; like a complete redesign! The timing is marketing 101 too.

OP
stoldie
Reaction score
fleurya - I agree! I know everyone is maybe getting bored of talking of impending upgrades to the iMac ... but I have a feeling in my bones - it is close.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
this rumor does make sense, especially since everything else has been changed! (and here i'm still working on and original CoreDuo!)

Reaction score
It makes sense to me, if you just dropped $500 on an iPhone you might be a little short for a new iMac. I guess that way people have a chance to refill the coffers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
This would be the same rumor mill that got everyone disappointed at the WWDC because they didn't premiere new hardware there? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
This would be the same rumor mill that got everyone disappointed at the WWDC because they didn't premiere new hardware there? ;)

Yep, that's the one :)

Reaction score
However, appleinsider correctly predicted that no new iMac would surface at the WWDC, whereas thinksecret predicted otherwise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The thing to remember is, if it's a prediction for a new product, don't take it as assurance of a new product. You can expect and hope something to come out, but don't freak and criticize Apple later for not running their business the way you think it should be run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.