Glossy or matte

vxd

Reaction score
What would be best for me, I'm going to use MBP for design.

yeah i know ther are tones of post regarding the display.

Ordering it tonight!

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
Haha, I'm just too lazy to read the other posts. Guess i have to do it now

thanks Kash

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
ok I have a another question, Im having trouble deciding between the 15" and 17", Bigger screen means bigger space. and that is always good for using designs programs. its only an extra $400. is it worth it

Anyone else got an opinion on this. thats Uses their MBP for Design?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Buy the most computer you can afford.....same for PC or MAC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
Depends if you want LED screen or not. I'm getting just under 5 hours charge on mine (15") on full brightness and playing music most of that time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I had my heart set on the 17" for a LONG time and up until yesterday thats what I thought i was going to buy. Until I talked to a few people that have MBPs. I was told that the 17" is just way too big, it loses a lot of portability, my friend said that if you are thinking about taking it on a plane... the 17" will not fit on the seat back, also that when using it on your lap its just hard because it is so large. Also not as many companies make cases and sleeves for the 17", of course you can find them but its not as easy, and you don't get as much selection.

Also on a technical side... remember the 15" screens are LED backlit therefore increasing battery life and they are more environmentally friendly.

On the other hand, the 17" are not LED backlit but they have an option to get an HD screen.

Really I would say go to your local Apple store and look at them both and see what you prefer.

I know that after talking to my friends I will be getting the 15" not the 17" as I had originally planned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
ok I have a another question, Im having trouble deciding between the 15" and 17", Bigger screen means bigger space. and that is always good for using designs programs. its only an extra $400. is it worth it

Anyone else got an opinion on this. thats Uses their MBP for Design?

Why not consider getting a 15" and spending the $400 difference on a monitor?

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
Getting the 15", thought they both had LED.
and the $400 can go towards my Nintendo wii, haha

going to wait for the Austrailian back to school offer, If there is going to be one, holidays are in 2 weeks so might be then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 GHz Intel dual-core, 256MB video card, 1GB RAM, 60GB black iPod Video
I picked up the matte. I like being able to look at my screen from any angle and lighting and still see it.

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
Yeah just got home from the shops, looked at the matte and 17". 17" is way to big. and dont like the glossy. gonna go for matte

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
good idea... Yea its kinda funny the whole time I have been planning to buy a Mac I have been eyeing the 17" glossy, but I went to the store and changed my mind to get the 15" matte. kinda funny how things work. But I figure with the money I save I can put it towards a Cinema display if I really want one. The only other thing I will be missing out on is one USB port haha but thats why they make hubs. ;D

Reaction score
But I figure with the money I save I can put it towards a Cinema display if I really want one.
You want one, believe me. :) I got a 30" Cinema display a few weeks back and I'm in love. Absolutely gorgeous monitor and having that much screen real estate almost feels sinful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha yes, I will most likely buy one after I build up my savings again. I'm heading over to my apple store around 5:00 P.M. today to pick up my MBP. I couldn't even sleep last night haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.