IPhone & Foreign GSM Provider

Reaction score
I live in Jakarta, Indonesia & would really love to buy an iphone ASAP in US.
Question: will it work with the gsm provider in my country?
what do u think? anybody can help me out?
thx! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I'd be willing to bet that it's SIM-locked to AT&T. Sooner or later, somebody figures out how to unlock it, but I wouldn't count on being able to use it with a local carrier straight away. Besides, all indications are that the purchase of an iPhone (through official channels anyway) requires signing of a 2-year contract. Breaking the contract will probably add another $300-400 to the purchase of the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I bet people will be crazy enough to pay that premium just to get their hands on one. The real concern is 1. unlocking it and 2. make sure it's working on a GSM band compatible with the one your provider/country uses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i read somewhere that cingy won't let anyone unlock it. they simply won't give out the code. but as stated above, it's just a matter of time before somebody figures out how to do it. and when they do... they're going to charge an arm and a leg to get it done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I would suggest you just wait until it comes out. The finer details are still really vague at the moment, but there's a million other people asking themselves the same questions, so just hang in there and let someone try it first :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Dude, please stop spamming us with this, yeah...? Jeez...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.