Help:Macbook Internet Connection Problem.

Reaction score
I can't get my Macbook online. I was able to do it when I was in college using the Airport and when I would vist home I could get online using a eithernet cord. But for some reason when I am done with school for the summer I am unable to connect anywhere in my house. My Macbook says that there is not even a cord connected when I plug one in, and I am able to use the same cord to get my Xbox online so I know it's not a bad cord. I have tried turning the Airport off, matching IP numbers with my router, and reseting the router. All the other computers in my house can get online from the same router as well, but mine. I want to get it online before I go back to school.
Thanks

Some specs:
1.83 GHz Intel
512 MB

Reaction score
Well I don't know but the problem could be with a cord. Xbox live cords are normally cat 5 crossover cables. I can use crossover cables to get on xbox live and the internet, but maybe fore some reason your computer can't use crossover cables. Try using a regular ethernet cable mabye.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Well I don't know but the problem could be with a cord. Xbox live cords are normally cat 5 crossover cables. I can use crossover cables to get on xbox live and the internet, but maybe fore some reason your computer can't use crossover cables. Try using a regular ethernet cable mabye.

I believe you are correct. I do remember crossover cables being that way on most of the Macs I have tried one on. I have all straight through cables here and they work fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.