• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who is your favorite 2008 Presidential candidate thus far?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
The title says it all...

So far my favorite is Ron Paul because I haven't heard him say a thing that I disagree with so far. I think we'd see a lot less government intrusion in our lives if he won. Unfortunately, Paul doesn't have a snowball's chance of winning the Republican nomination and I don't like any of the other Republicans in the field. The only Democrat I like is Bill Richardson, who doesn't have a chance at winning either, and I cannot stand Hillary or Obama. So, I'll be stuck voting for the candidate I dislike the least in '08. I hear Mayor Bloomberg may run as an Independent so I may vote for him just to get a third party involved, but it will probably be a wasted vote anyway because a third party seems like a dream that will never come true.

So, who do you like (or dislike the least) so far?

Edit: I know I've supported Giuliani in previous posts, but I thought he was far more moderate than he really is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
So far, none of them. I despise Romney and Hillary equally.

Fred Thompson...maybe.... but I don't know enough about him yet.

Edit: This thread has the potential to end badly and we all know it. While the topic is innocuous enough, it could go off course pretty fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally like Mike Gravel on the Democrat side and Ron Paul on the Republican. Though like you said, neither has a chance to actually win the nomination. Fortunately, their high profile remarks will at least get some of the front runners talking about the important issues these lower tier candidates bring up.

I just read up on Fred Thompson, but you're right baggss, I'm going to need to do more reading and watching his speeches before I can determine whether I like the man or not. Mike Bloomberg would also make for an interesting race.

I don't like Hillary Clinton or Rudy Giuliani. The only front runner I would vote for is Barack Obama

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Edit: This thread has the potential to end badly and we all know it. While the topic is innocuous enough, it could go off course pretty fast.

I agree. Let's make a rule for this thread: Just state your favorite candidate and don't attack other people's favorites. No debating allowed in this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
so far i haven't found a single candidate that i like, but i know i will not be looking at anyone from the religious conservative side, either democrat or republican.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but i know i will not be looking at anyone from the religious conservative side, either democrat or republican.

I agree 100% with this statement.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
ah, every election reminds me of one of my favorite South Park episodes. I have decide whether to vote for a Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah, every election reminds me of one of my favorite South Park episodes. I have decide whether to vote for a Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich.

LOL, that's how I feel about this upcoming election too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Thats a good one.

I'm still hoping Gore will change his mind and run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I'd probably vote for Ron Paul, but guess I'm still waiting for someone else to come out of the woodwork. So far, I'm not excited about anyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1gb 80gb 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo
You should make this into a poll!

But Ron Paul by far.

I got to meet him. He is a wonderful down to earth guy!

http://youtube.com/iz3r I only have 4 videos up and they are all of me meeting Ron!

Hey please do me a favor, go to http://ticker08.com and click on Ron Paul!! THANKS!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Now THAT would be awesome :D

I knew I voted for you for a good reason lol

Too bad I dont have 4 videos of me stalking him though

(joke)

=)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1gb 80gb 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo
hahaah

I plan on making a really cheesy 5th video displaying my signed picture from ron, and showing people how to use ticker08.com to vote for ron!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm going with the AFLAC duck if he runs, if not Fred Thompson if he runs, if not then Ron Paul. At least the duck will pay my bills if I can't work, so that is what the commercials say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.