23" HD Cinema Display

Reaction score
I'm having a problem connecting a 23" HD Cinema display to a PowerMac G4. I can connect a 15" Cinema display to it without any problems, and I tried the 23" on a different PowerMac g4 and that worked, so the display is not defective. When i connect it and start the computer (running OS X 10.3.9) I get the gray screen with the apple in the middle, but there is a lot of static, then nothing, just blank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
tallkth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3 B&W, 512Mb, 30Gb HDD, speed bumped to 450Mhz(by means of jumper pack), ATI Rage 128
it could be your resolution, what resolution do you have the 15" at? im not sure of the max resolution or the max refresh on the apple displays but refresh and resolution sound about logical... i dont know for sure though.

OP
T
Reaction score
Re:

The resolution is set at 1024x768 when I have the 15" display connected (refresh rate is greyed out and says "n/a"). The hardware profile said I have 16MB VRAM if that is important. The problem is that after I connect the 23" display I can't see anything at all (after the static grey apple start) - so I can't even mess with the resolution or anything. Could it be my video card? The other G4 I tested it on is a little different I think. Thanks for the response, any more ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.