Safari on XP

Reaction score
Am currently running Safari on my XP machine, after watching Steve's Keynote presentation. Hey am I getting excited about switching.
But Safari needs a few intial tweaks certainly for Windows before I'll be totally convinced it's great, it is certainly good but at the moment Firefox would still be my fav.
It maybe that the things I like will be add on's at a later stage. But I'm gonna use it so I'm used to it for my switch he he he.
Anyone else particularly new switchers out there trying Safari yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
One of my windows buddies downloaded it to his comp. It works pretty good but like you said there are a few more bugs they need to work out of it. It is in the beta version still. Version 2 works great here on my mac tho. I prefer it over firefox.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
It's the beta version so that's why I'm not having a go at it, it's not bad but I agree it'll need to refine a little especially if Steve wants 20% of the Browser market.

I wonder if they (Apple that is) want any feedback?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I downloaded Safari 3 on my Mac, and I don't really see much of a difference from Safari 2.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Of course I can't comment on that but this is the first time I've used Safari at all, so it's all new to me, they have an issue with Yahoo webmail as it's not supported at the moment. Well not the new Yahoo mail at any rate. Not with the XP version of course..

Reaction score
They probably just relased a version for us so we wouldn't say "Hey, why do the PC user's get something at WWDC and we dont?!"

Reaction score
I'm looking to maybe switch and am playing with Safari on Windows. It's ok, but there are some annoyances that I don't care for so far. It is a beta though.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Resizing is one problem, I also don't like the colour the tabs seem to blend into the rest of the heading, but as you say annoyances fixable, but still need a bit of catchup with firefox. Doesn't that much quicker either at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
I tryed Beta 3 and it seemed to disable transparency in Adium (annoying) so i removed it.

It's my fault though, it's beta lol :D i usually avoid BETA software....but i couldn't resist :(

I'll stick with Camino thanks! (I used to be a massive Firefox fan, but Camino FTW now :D )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
I tried it on XP and I thought it was actually pretty sweet - I was especially surprised by the speed it loads pages, even if they weren't in the cache.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
so far i've had the opposite problem with very slow speeds on my Vista machine. Firefox takes a bit to first load, but then it is just fast. Safari takes a while to load and then just sits there trying to do something. i'll wait for the official version to come out b4 reinstalling that again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.