Need help with viewing certain websites!!??

M

matt324

Hello,

I am trying to help my wife troubleshoot a browser security issue, I believe.

She can't seem to access sites that use frames. She is trying to access a page on a site that uses frames and it won't display.
FYI:
The site = http://www.awga.org/main_tournaments.htm
Browser= Internet Explorer 5.2
OS= Mac OS 10
Also important = FireVault security system on her Mac.

If anyone knows how/what settings to change, please let me know. I know in IE for PC you can add trusted sites, is there a way in Mac?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
What page is she trying to access? The link given above works fine on my computer. Can you ask her to be a bit more specific...

BTW, this is what I got from their site:

Tournaments are open to amateur golfers:
A. Who were females at birth.
B. Who are AWGA members in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the first day of the tournament.
LOL!
So, does that mean a female who has had a sex-change will be eligible to enter? :D :rolleyes:

OP
M

matt324

That's the thing, I think it has to do with her settings?

That rule is hilarious, isn't it? :D
I think they're having an issue like that in the Summer Olympic Commitee!

At any rate, that's the thing, Strider. The link works fine on many computers, it's just that her settings must be too strict to allow a site with frames. I am unsure of where the "Trusted/Untrusted" site settings reside on IE for Mac?
I know exactly where to go on IE for PC.

I also seem to think it has something to do with here FireVault program? Any experience with the settings on that?

By the way, thanks for your time, Strider.

-Matt

Strider said:
What page is she trying to access? The link given above works fine on my computer. Can you ask her to be a bit more specific...

BTW, this is what I got from their site:

Tournaments are open to amateur golfers:
A. Who were females at birth.
B. Who are AWGA members in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the first day of the tournament.
LOL!
So, does that mean a female who has had a sex-change will be eligible to enter? :D :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
FileVault wouldnt matter

go to
Internet Explorer/Preferences and take a look around there for trusted sites....Most people use Safari so Im not positive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
matt324 said:
At any rate, that's the thing, Strider. The link works fine on many computers, it's just that her settings must be too strict to allow a site with frames. I am unsure of where the "Trusted/Untrusted" site settings reside on IE for Mac?
I know exactly where to go on IE for PC.

I have attached two images with this message for you to look at. They're snapshots of my IE preferences box. See if that helps.

View attachment Picture 1.pdf

View attachment Picture 2.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Any chance she can use Safari? It shows fine on that here

OP
M

matt324

Thanks Strider

Thank you very much for the images, Strider.
I am sure they will prove to be very helpful. I will let you know.

Thanks again,

Matt

Strider said:
I have attached two images with this message for you to look at. They're snapshots of my IE preferences box. See if that helps.

OP
M

matt324

Funny you mention that...

Funny you mention that, shark.

My initial recommendation would have been to switch to safari, but I suppose that would have been avoiding the issue.

I have seen folks who have this problem w/ IE for PC all the time, but never on Netscape :D

I am positive it's just a settings issue.

witeshark said:
Any chance she can use Safari? It shows fine on that here

OP
M

matt324

Can't figure it out??

Hello Strider,

Well again, I would like to thank you for posting those images. While she changed her settings to mirror those of yours, that darn site still doesn't come up!

It comes up just fine for her on Safari, but she is very partial to Internet Explorer.

Anyway, I am going to continue my research.

Thanks again for your help, Strider.

-Matt

matt324 said:
Thank you very much for the images, Strider.
I am sure they will prove to be very helpful. I will let you know.

Thanks again,

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problemo, we're here to help.

OP
B

Badger

It's not just you Matt.
Out of curiosity I tried IE on the site. It opened with a blank page. So I switched to Safari and went through several user agent configs - all of them loaded the page normally. I went back to IE and tried various settings and nothing made any difference. Has anyone tried the site with IE on OS 9?
Badger :confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.