need help with raw files

Reaction score
hello my camera is Leica D-LUX 2 and i cant open raw files. any advice?

my imac is 20" with os x 10.4.9

M

MacHeadCase

What is the file format of those RAW files? If Apple hasn't come out with the built-in support for them yet, you might have to use a third-party app to open them. Doesn't your camera come with a program that makes it possible to convert the RAW to tif or .jpg? I know my Canon does so it has to be the same for you, I would guess.

M

MacHeadCase

If you mean the Leica Digilux 2, it's one of the digital cameras Aperture lists as being supported so chances are it is built-in the OS.

Other than that, use Elements in this case if you can't get it to work.

OP
R
Reaction score
my camera raw files is now supported with the new update. thank you for your help

M

MacHeadCase

Oh yeah! I saw the update brought added RAW file format support among other stuff and I wondered if your camera would be in them.

Cool!
:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
If I did own a camera that was not yet supported (RAW files support) I would convert them to DNG files which would be read the same by PSCS, Lightroom, Aperture, or any other program.

Reaction score
Richmond, VA, a native of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Your Mac's Specs
17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle
What a nice camera !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.