Transmission

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
Hey guys, i've already searched for similar posts but none seem to answer my question. When i run uTorrent on my PC and compare it to transmission on my Mac, my PC seems to be getting faster downloads. I've heard of port forwarding, and my PC is still faster with my port forwarded on transmission. Thats another area of concern for me. After reading countless articles on how to port forward i think i successfully did it, but am not sure. I fiddled with my firewall on my router settings and uPnP and got it to somewhat work but i get a green light on my "port is open" and red right on "unable to map". I've been messign with this all night and i've about had it. Since im so ocd, i want the speeds on my Mac to be the same if not better than the PC. Please can some one help me. I appreciate it. oh and what are global settings on downloads and uploads.

p.s. they are the same exact torrent files, and i picked a file with very good heath and numerous seeders(1000+)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Have you tried using a different torrent program? I remember getting purepwnage episodes and finding tomato torrent and bit torrent were very slow, but acquisition somehow got much faster speeds. Now I use xtorrent and that's faster again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.