• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Vista jokes...really funny

Reaction score
i cant believe the guy actually shredded the vista cd...
that was good. but he could have returned vista and bought osx....

Reaction score
I saw that a few days ago. Cracked me up. "Even this machine won't accept it!"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have seen it before and it makes me laugh but, even if I or someone else does not care for Vista, that is a large waste of $$$ to just shred it like that. Sell it. Give it to a friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" G5, 2gHz, 1gb RAM, 250gb HD; iPod Touch 8gb
When Anthony (the guy in the video from Opie & Anthony) tried to originally install Vista, he said on his radio show that he had his Macbook next to the Dell surfing the web (with the Mac) trying to figure out what was going wrong with the Vista instillation. It was really funny!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I honestly have a hard time believing his brand new computer was COMPLETELY incompatible with Vista. My 4 year old PC can run Vista Business without a hitch. He must have been doing something very wrong. And what a serious waste of money just to make a smear video. Some of the comments were true, some people just have way too much time and money on their hands.

I couldn't help but laugh at a fanboy comment toward the bottom that said he is currently running Leopard and the best windows OS was '98.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I can't imagine it'd be difficult to scan and print a CD label and manual that's convincing enough for youtube resolution. Funny, though :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I can't imagine it'd be difficult to scan and print a CD label and manual that's convincing enough for youtube resolution. Funny, though :)

That is a good point but the DVD did look pretty real. I would hope it was a fake at those prices though!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I can't figure out if the reply was serious or making fun of the guy. The comments seem to be taking it serious, but I always take an intentional slow clap as ripping on the other person.

I also watching the guy starting Vista for the first time. Completely lame. The idiot was making a issue of it STILL INSTALLING!! When I start Vista on my MBP, it is very fast.

These fanboys need to get together and slap each other on the back for how clever they think they are. That's why I like M-F, no real fanboys, just real, normal people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.