Trackpad button very sensitive

Reaction score
It seems like my trackpad button is very sensitive. Either that or it just clicks without me touching it. Also I don't think that I can get the thing to work where I click the trackpad with two fingers to secondary click. I try and change it bu it won't change. To secondary click I have to put two fingers on the trackpad and click the button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have to go into System Preferences to enable the two-click secondary click (it's under Keyboard & Mouse). You should also check the option to "Ignore accidental trackpad input" to get rid of that "very sensitive" feeling

OP
J
Reaction score
I have both of those options checked. Although I'm not sure I'm using the secondary click right. I expect the secondary click to open a new tab in firefox or maybe show that drop down menu that has things like "open window in new tap, open window in new window...etc" When I put two fingers on the trackpad and click it shows the drop down menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i dont think youare doing it right. the option "tap trackpad with 2 fingers..." should be checked for this to work the way you want. not only should that box be checked, but the one 2 or 3 boxes above it called "clicking" should be checked as well.

and as to the sensitivity... mine's rather sensitive too. i guess it's just the way they were designed...

OP
J
Reaction score
You guys are right. I was confusing the trackpad with the actual "mouse" button. I figured out the only time when I thought the trackpad (which I then thought was the mouse button) was sensitive was when I was twofinger scrolling. Which would make sense because I had two fingers on the trackpad. One more question. When I use the secondary click (tapping two fingers on the trackpad) how can I make firefox open a new tab, instead of opening that little window with different options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
"right" click on the link and hit open in new tab

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.