Looking for a ethernet card. Which one?

Reaction score
I want to use my Powerbook as my router so need a 2nd ethernet port. Does anyone know where I can get a PCMCIA card that will work on it, or a USB adapter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Why? You could get a real router for less money. It'd be more energy-efficient, and it wouldn't tie up your computer, either.

OP
M
Reaction score
I use the computer as a server (the screen is broken) so its always on anyway. I was going to try this over a hardware router as I've had endless problems which I think are due to bittorrent opening too many connections and causing the network to come to a crawl. Was hoping the mac might handle this better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why? You could get a real router for less money. It'd be more energy-efficient, and it wouldn't tie up your computer, either.
I second this. IMO it would be pointless to try to use the computer itself for your intention.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
With the price of routers now a days, I would have to agree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.