Taskbar-functionality on the dock

Reaction score
Does anyone know a way to add Windows taskbar functionality to the dock? Now I know what everyone's gonna say: the taskbar is evil and Expose is amazing and... okay. Expose is great but it doesn't show minimized windows and, as everyone knows, the dock only shows open applications, not windows.

This is all I want: the thumbnail icon of a minimized window that shows up on the right side of the dock? I want that icon there all the time, for every open window, whether it's minimized or not. I haven't found any way to do this but it seems like such a simple idea, I can't believe that it doesn't exist.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This isn't Windows, don't expect it to act like it. If you can't adapt to the small things, it will drive you insane in the end and you'll be sorry you switched.

Good luck in finding a solution, I am not aware of one that will do what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
just get used to it. As baggss said, this isn't Windows.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you can just click on the icon for the open app and you'll switch to it. if you have more than one window open then just flip through them with command+`.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.