• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

copying DVDs

Reaction score
Im burning 30 dvds by tuesday, and I realized now that it takes up to 3 hours to burn one dvd, which is not enough time to get all 30 dvds done.
is there a way (on either iDvd, or any other thing) that I can get these 30 DVDs done by Tuesday ? Maybe By copying them ?
(I have an iMac, btw)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You are burning 30 DVDs from what? An image file? Another DVD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
What kind of files are on the DVD? AVIs?

Thats about right for copying a dvd with avis, that takes awhile.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hm well Ive edited and made a movie in iMovie, and then jsut sent it too idvd. But I also have menus, movie clips and 650 pictures in slideshows :p So Im burning one copy now, and checking if I can copy it

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You should be able to save your movie from iDVD as a disk image. From there you should be able to just burn copies of the DVD image.

Right now it sounds like you are re-encoding the movie every time you make a copy of the movie. Which accounts for the three hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yes to back up what rman said, you dont need to re-encode every time! set it to burn 30 copies. and then from there it will only need to encode once. subsequent copies will only take from 8-30 minutes depending on your drive
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
instead of using idvd to keep on burning the dvd,'s, just make identical copies using toast or burn, this would be faster..
also if your using toast then you can turn of the verifaction - this speeds it up quite a bit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.