A new switcher.

JMO

Reaction score
I went and picked up a Macbook yesterday and first impressions are I love it. I've never used a Mac before but some of my friends have them and say the love them. I've been browsing theses forums for a while now and finally decided to switch and I'm glad I did. The OS is very easy to use, couple things I wasn't sure about but found my answers on these forums. So happy about my purchase. I do have a question that I couldn't get a good answer for in search. Besides just choosing software update in system preferences, are there any other important updates I should do?

Thanks in advance and I'll continue browsing these forums and adding my input.

Reaction score
Besides just choosing software update in system preferences, are there any other important updates I should do?
Check for updates to your browser(s) and email app(s).

Some updates can be critical to keeping on top of security vulnerabilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Instead of doing it in System Preferences, you can do a Software Update from the Apple menu (the thing that pops up when you click the Apple logo in the top left, in case you don't know).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.