mac freezes most of the time. and i bought the macbook only 2 weeks ago :S

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a white macbook with 2.0 ghz and 80gb hdd etc. I have installed on the first day i had the mac an windows partition using BOOT CAMP. (please note that i had no mac experience before)

The past few days the system freezes. Even tough i havent used windows ( i only installed windows to play Empire earth online with some friends)

For example. Right now, i have an empty dvd inserted because i have some pictures i want to put with idvd. BUT the dvd wont exit anymore even after i exit idvd.

Msn opens and i can click on someone and soon after that everything freezes and i can send an error report to microsoft.

When i use AMSN i cannot click on anybody. So that is something good for nothing.

I have safari beta 3 and firefox installed.

The software i have is:

Microsoft Office 2004
Tiger
iWORK
iLIFE
iALERTU
DREAMWEAVER
Planeshift 3D (free 3D mmorpg game for mac)

Front Row is reacting Slow to none sometimes.

How can i fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Hello guys,

I have a white macbook with 2.0 ghz and 80gb hdd etc. I have installed on the first day i had the mac an windows partition using BOOT CAMP. (please note that i had no mac experience before)

The past few days the system freezes. Even tough i havent used windows ( i only installed windows to play Empire earth online with some friends)

For example. Right now, i have an empty dvd inserted because i have some pictures i want to put with idvd. BUT the dvd wont exit anymore even after i exit idvd.

Msn opens and i can click on someone and soon after that everything freezes and i can send an error report to microsoft.

When i use AMSN i cannot click on anybody. So that is something good for nothing.

I have safari beta 3 and firefox installed.

The software i have is:

Microsoft Office 2004
Tiger
iWORK
iLIFE
iALERTU
DREAMWEAVER
Planeshift 3D (free 3D mmorpg game for mac)

Front Row is reacting Slow to none sometimes.

How can i fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

How many GB of RAM do you have?

Also, what do you mean by "BUT the dvd wont exit anymore even after i exit idvd."? The DVD won't eject from the DVD drive?

OP
D
Reaction score
hi,

I have one gigabyte of ram. and an CORE 2 DUO 2.0 ghz processor.

And what i ment was that the dvdrom just didnt want to eject the system. but after an reboot it ejected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Black
i had a similar problem and took it into the genius bar- turns out it was a real hardware problem rooting from the cd/dvd drive... they ended up replacing it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.