right click shortcut? keyboard not trackpad

OP
W
Reaction score
i'm assuming <left click> means tapping the trackpad? I am looking for a shortcut that doesn't require the trackpad or mouse at all.

OP
W
Reaction score
SOMEBODY HAS TO KNOW A CONTEXT MENU SHORTCUT!!!! MS word is driving me nuts because everytime i have to correct something i have to use the mouse to bring up the context menu with the new spelling. Nobody knows a keyboard shortcut for this? My HP laptop has a context menu key on it that i could just press instead of moving the mouse over the word. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
There is no equivalent of the Windows "context menu of what's currently selected" key.

If Mouse Keys is turned on in Universal Access in System Preferences, Control [Numeric Pad 5] will act as a regular right-click, i.e., it'll bring up a context menu where the mouse is.

But I doubt that's what you're looking for.

If you want a shortcut for Spelling and Grammar in Word,
it's Command Option L to bring up the window
Then use Tab to go to the 2nd list and Up/Down to select the proposed correction, then OK.

OP
W
Reaction score
Bummer. The spelling and grammar thing does bring up spell check, but i was hoping there was a shortcut for a right click wherever the cursor is. Even when typing a search in google or something. I hate having to move the mouse over whatever I'm typing. Oh well! Thanks for the reply!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.