Does Anyone Else Think Leopard's dock is much cooler than Tiger's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I've always hated Tiger's dock. The way it's all 2-dimensional and only takes up a bit of the screen always sort of bugged me...

One of the many reasons I'm waiting until October to get my iMac.

I wouldn't delay the purchase of a new computer because of that. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Yeah me either.

I don't use ClearDock like most do around (but may b I should check it out) But I am like my Dock, its set to Auto hide and its Rockin'.

About the Dock for Leopard, well I am not too sure I love or not. I think it will just look super neat if it was Transparent so the icons will be just 3D and hanging in the bottom of the screen.

But definitely wouldn't delay the purchase just for the Dock!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Sometimes change appeals to people but it doesn't mean one is any "better" than the other, just different.

If we now had the leopard dock, the tiger dock would probably be a welcome change.

Go figure....:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I give the Leopard dock that much, Stacks is GREAT. But other than that nothing fancy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Actually I set my dock to hidden only appearing when I hover my mouse in that area of my screen. I think it being there always is a distraction and eats up valuable real estate.

But if I had to choose between the 2 docs I'd have to say I prefer the 10.5 one a little more.

Reaction score
I contributed in another thread, but I think I'd find the reflection on the floor of Leopard's dock really distracting. I love the simple dock in Tiger, I set it really small so it keeps out my way. I LOVE the look of Leopard but the dock, meh. I prefer simple.

Why would it be a distraction??. If this is the case, then so would your wallpaper be a distraction. You will get used to it after a few hours, and if you're working hard enough, NOTHING can distract you! ;)

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Why would it be a distraction??. If this is the case, then so would your wallpaper be a distraction. You will get used to it after a few hours, and if you're working hard enough, NOTHING can distract you! ;)

:p

The most distracting aspect would be the reflection of windows on the dock floor. Anything happening outside of the item you're working with - in this case the window you're dragging - can be distracting. The reflection is the frst thing I'll turn off, after I've spent a few moments admiring it. Too much eye candy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
seems like there would be a lot of rendering that would use an unnecessary amount of system resources.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think this entire discussion is subjective. Some will like it, some will not. Either way, it's all good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I think the major problem with the new dock, and this is mostly heard from icon developers, is the perspective of most icons will now look weird due to the new perspective of the dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.