New Mac Pro SuperDrive issue

Reaction score
Hi all,
PC boy alert!! I have just taken delivery of a new Mac Pro and I seem to have an issue with the SuperDrive. It will not eject / open! I have checked "About this MAC" and it reports it OK, Pionner DVD etc, etc.

If I remove the drive from the side and press the (removed) eject button the drive ejects and I can put a CD / DVD in and it reads but will not eject by and commands. I need to remove the SuperDrive adn click the eject "hole" again.

I have run the updates, do I need to do anything else?
Thanks
J

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Jay_N.

I personally would take it back to have it checked. This is not normal behaviour in the least, it should work right out of the box.

Reaction score
I repeat one of my posts i posted today earlier on this forum, maybe it helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I myself bought a new Macpro and am facing the same ejecting problem. There are 2 ways i found out to come around this.

1. Restart your Mac and keep holding the mouse button down (keep pressed). Then while rebooting the drive ejects.

2. I just found out couple of minutes before is that the Finder wont show the eject button but just start your itunes and there you will find the option of ejecting.

I know this is not the solution but just a round way method to get over it.

Now let me trying burning a disc for I havent tried that yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.