Anyone installed symfony framework on the Mac?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have installed symfony and all that stuff what it needs. Have you seen this page: http://www.symfony-project.com/askeet/1_0 There is some 24 days askeet to learn symfony. How do you use terminal in mac. These commands isn't same what is there. Symfony -V doesn't work with me. Have you done these stuffs?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hello verro,

I've been working with symfony on Windows (via Parallels), and I haven't tried installing it on the Mac. However, my host is on a UNIX system, and I believe if you wish to use the symfony command, you have to type it as "./symfony"

The same might be true for Mac OS X.

So instead of "symfony -V", try using: "./symfony -V"

Let me know how it goes.. all the best with symfony!

Reaction score
That ./symfony -V doesn't work. It says: bash command ./symfony. Affects it something so I have finnish language on my mac? Maybe I'd better to turn unix. :) My friend have ubuntu and sumfony works with he.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm sure it's very doable on the Mac (the video tutorials of symfony are done on a Mac machine, and I suspect much of the development has been done on a Mac as well).

You might like to ask on the symfony forum itself. I'm sorry I can't be of more help at the moment. I had a pending project, which is why I resorted to installing symfony on Windows because it would've taken me some time to get to grips with the Terminal (not to mention that I didn't find a text editor I was used to).

All the best!

Reaction score
i followed this tutorial, but it is in spanish.

I'll try to translate it for ya, but please, guide it with the real url (it has images and such)
- first, install MAMP
- go to "/Applications/MAMP/conf/php5/php.ini", look for the "memory_limit" line and change it to 16 mb
- Go to Termial, and upgrade pear using "pear upgrade pear"
- Add the symfony channel with “pear channel-discover pear.symfony-project.com“ (if it doesn't recognize the command, its probably because you don't have the privileges for it. Try it with "sudo ... ")
- install symfony using “pear install symfony/symfony“ (you can add -version#, like .../symfony-1.2.4")
- create an alias to avoid using the complete route: “sudo ln /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin/symfony /usr/bin/symfony“
- execute "symfony -V" in terminal, to see the version. If it shows your version, it installed correctly

then, you have to create your virtual servers, and you're ready to go!

PD: if anyone has a guide on how to make your first project, i'll appreciate the comments!!! (my e-mail is in my prof. i guess, or post them here)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.