Almost about to make the switch, have a question still.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Hi there, in the next few weeks i'm about to make the switch(not fully as i'll be keeping my laptop still), found a place that will sell me the 12" 1.33gHz powerbook w/superdrive and 1.25 gig of ram for £1550, over £200 cheaper than what's on the apple store.

Right, i have an Lacie external hard drive which i know i'll need to reformat for mac, but i around 30gig of video files which are in the mpeg, quicktime and wmv format. Is it possible for me to burn these to a dvd-r and install them back into the hard drive? Will my powerbook be able to play these files?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I would expect that the superdrive can play them, but I'm curious to know if they can be manipulated in iMovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Once transferred of the DVD you should be able to edit the .mov files with no problem

You will need to download VLC or Windows Media Player to play the wmv files

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
havent got my lacie set up disk as i lent it to somebody but what is the usual format of a mac compatible hard drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.