Safari crashing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I've noticed that over the past week or so safari has been crashing frequently.

Safari seems to crash when I go on websites like digg.com and mac-forums.com/forums

It seems to do it more when I have 3-5 tabs open at once

I've cleaned out my system cache using the app called mainmenu

However this did not solve the problem.

has any one got any other suggestions...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I would run Repair Permissions via Disk Utility and if that doesn't work, delete your Safari preferences.

M

MacHeadCase

Did you try resetting Safari? Under Safari -> Reset Safari...

And when you cleaned out the cache, did you also clean out the Browsers' caches? You have to quit Safari and all other browsers when you do that btw.

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering is there anyway to delete my history/cache/like all internet history permanently so its like non traceable? i reset safari but wondering if thats actually like permanent?

M

MacHeadCase

To be really sure nothing is "recorded", you need to use the Private Browsing feature in Tiger's Safari version.

Reaction score
It's funny, I've been noticing Safari crashing as well for the last week or more as well. I've never had a problem with it, yet now it seems to freeze up and crash daily.

Reaction score
I'm on an ancient iMac G3 400MHz with 10.3.9, and I used Softwar Update to upgrade from Safari 10.3 to 10.3.1. In the next half hour or so afterwards, Safari crashed about five times - even after another restart. I had no such problems on 10.3. What is the easiest way to downgrade to 10.3 again, or at least fix the problem?

Reaction score
safari crash

My Safari will crash daily a few times. Multiple screens open and they disappear. Have noticed this problem once I installed the latest update about a week ago. Sorry I have no answer, just this complaint. Wonder if it's the update that is causing the crashes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Imac i5 2TB
Safari Crashing

I have also had a once stable Safari crashing since the recent update that mentioned links to the forthcoming Lion.

Reaction score
In a Winnebago - wherever I feel like going.
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch MacBook Air with i5 processor and OS X Lion.
Safari crashes

I purchased my first ever Mac a week ago - the latest 13-inch MacBook Air with OS X Lion. During the first two days of use, Safari crashed twice. Everything locked up. Couldn't move the cursor. Couldn't shut down Safari. Finally had to hold down the power button. As a result, I'm reluctant to use Safari. No crashes with Mozilla Firefox.

Reaction score
Safari quitting unexpectedly

I've had this problem for so long. I used DiskUtility, I ran CleanMyMac, I reset Safari, I didn't have any Library/Input Managers and I finally remembered that almost every single time I have something going on with my Mac that has to do with an application crashing, it is font related. I deleted font cache and dumped all of my fonts except for my system fonts. It has now been a full day and I've had no crashes. I also went to Safari/Preferences/Advanced and hit Show Databases and said Remove All. I think I had a corrupt font that was interfering with Safari. It's fast, snappy, and just the way it used to be. Hope this helps someone out there.:D

Reaction score
Safari now works for me

I also used to have problems with Safari crashing all the time. In my case, it was always when I had several tabs open, and tried to close one. Some URLs crashed Safari every time I closed its window or tab, while others could be closed with never a problem. I don't know what was going on, but I haven't had that problem recently. I think there might have been a Safari update that fixed the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.