Another one converted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (White) 2.16Ghz, 2Gb RAM 120Gb HDD, Superdrive
Hi everyone,
Great forums, after many a discussion with guys at work, i finally have taken the plunge an ordered my first mac.

Now i'm in that impatient yet excited time of waiting for it to be delivered......
Anyone any tips to calm my nerves?? ;D

mi6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2gig ram
welcome....
what can i say...
apple rocks..

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Great forums, after many a discussion with guys at work, i finally have taken the plunge an ordered my first mac.

Now i'm in that impatient yet excited time of waiting for it to be delivered......
Anyone any tips to calm my nerves?? ;D

It's a REALLY nervous feeling, isn't it?!

:D

I Ordered mine uesday, it was supposed to ship on the 19th, but it'll actually be HERE on monday, the 18th! Whoo! :)
I went to CompUSA and played around on one yesterday, BAD idea, now I Want it more, haha.

OP
Inverted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi.... my order finally went through on the 14th, said it has shipped today. but not to be delivered until the 28th!!! hoping it is before, but i've read that 'custom' systems get shipped from china so might take that long. I went to a store today. i know what you mean, ended up coming out with a wireless mighty mouse, to help with the photo editing etc, instead of using the touch pad....
I'm just teasing myself now!!! :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0Ghz... new Intel
I can totally understand where you two are coming from... I ordered mine on the 16th, and went into Micro Center and played around with one for about an hour :) I really can't wait to get my hands on it. It should be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what the first thing that I should do with it?

-Xander

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome! Just remember: the longer the wait the more joy when it arrives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
I can totally understand where you two are coming from... I ordered mine on the 16th, and went into Micro Center and played around with one for about an hour :) I really can't wait to get my hands on it. It should be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what the first thing that I should do with it?

-Xander

Here is an advise I got from a Mac enthusiast:

The first thing I check is the LCD. I make sure that the LCD is perfect, i.e., no burnt or stuck pixels. Whilst Apple, I think but do not quote me, has a policy of replacing screens with 5 or more burnt or stuck pixels, it is always a good thing to get a perfect one. I wish that Apple would provide a burnt/stuck-pixel free LCD guarantee like one of the non-Apple brands.

It is recommended that you get a utility such as Pixel Check (<http://urltea.com/gdp>) to help you find out if your LCD has any defects. If it detects one burnt/stuck pixel, pray that you get four more so that you can automatically reject the unit and demand for a new one.

Next thing to check is the iSight. This is a new addition to my ritual ever since iSights come built-in to new Mac portables. Whilst rare, some iSights just do not work as expected. More often than not, this feature comes unchecked until you try playing with Photo Booth or iChatAV. A friend had to return his Macbook because of a defective iSight. :(

One last thing to check, before ensuring that all accessories in the box are included, is the battery. With the current set of batteries getting bad reviews due to bloating, exploding, and/or not charging, it is best to see if your battery can carry some juice. What use is a portable if your battery cannot hold a charge, right? Portable Mac's battery comes with some initial charge - enough to boot-up your system and to configure it but request that you be allowed to plug it in and charge the battery for a few minutes and see how the battery performs.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
hi Inverted!

my macbook took 6 weeks to reach me, and it was hellish! I know all about the nerves, basically I just bugged (well more like picked on) my boyfriend, I read up on the macbook, downloaded (more like hoarded) all softwares I thought I might find useful and of course I lurked around mac-forums which helped a great deal =P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Welcome....!!

:Evil:

OP
Inverted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the replies. Sitting tight, checking the order status every day i'm sure you've all been there! ;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
While you're waiting, highly recommend reading through eric's "Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information" guide. Some really good stuff in there.

Afraid I can't help with the anticipation, you'll have to live with it. :Evil:

When you get it, take a deep breath. My wife just got her first Mac this week and was so excited (we're talkin' 'bout a 60 year old woman here), that she walked to the closest thing in the room (the arm of the loveseat) to set it on to start unpacking it. So, after you take that deep breath, head for the 'nearest' flat surface (you'll need some room for everything), take a seat and take another deep breath. Then enjoy.

OP
Inverted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh, you tease!!!!
still no update on the tracking number or courier. guess its because its the weekend......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My package is in Kansas City, I am hoping that they are going to come by the house tomorrow. YAY! The only thing is that I don't have a doorbell, or a printer (to pre-sign). So my question is what do they do with the package if I am not available to sign it when it comes?

-Xander

OP
Inverted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they usually leave a card to say they tried to deliver. you usually have the option of a re delivery, sometimes to another address if u wish, or you could go and collect from the depot yourself.

T

todd51

Luckily for me, when they delivered my computer, they took it next door which just so happens to be my grandparent's house, so I was delighted to wake up to a telephone ring from my grandparents!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HAHA! Well, hopefully I am going to be awake tomorrow morning, I plan on getting up at 9 (which is a rare coinsurance during the summer time), and having it be here by ten or so! *Crosses fingers*

-Xander

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Luckily for me, when they delivered my computer, they took it next door which just so happens to be my grandparent's house, so I was delighted to wake up to a telephone ring from my grandparents!

Same thing happened to me but the neighbor just moved in and i had no idea who he was. Very nice though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1gb 80gb 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo
I am a new convert. I just graduated Highschool and I am going to college to major in Journalism. I hate hate hate vista. I worked with it while I worked at CompUSA. I love my MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Nice Spitfire.........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.