Wireless Mighty Mouse any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I've heard some pretty bad reviews on it, like it won't connect fast enough, it stops working sometimes, etc.

Is it really that bad? Or am I just paying too much attention to the bad reviews?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've heard some pretty bad reviews on it, like it won't connect fast enough, it stops working sometimes, etc.

Is it really that bad? Or am I just paying too much attention to the bad reviews?

I have read very few positive comments on this forum and others in regard to it. The general consensus seems to be "look elsewhere".

Reaction score
Well i am using wireless mighty mouse and i am very happy, it is working fine, i can use it on many surfaces, realy more than optical mouse. At all it looks nice to me, and i do not see troubles about it. I also read bad comments about it after i bought it. But im using my macbook and mouse for about 10 days, so it might be the first impression... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
We also like our mouse. We are into month 6 now. We use it in Mac and XP with little issues. It is not "great" at right clicking but satisfactory.

One complaint is it eats batteries and has made one of my kids aware of the "green" side as we are changing batteries. He wanted a corded mouse but we could not find one so he had to go wireless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've had my MM for more than 7 months now and it hasn't failed me ever. It syncs right away when I boot up, the right click works fine with no issues at all (I don't know why so many people have problems!) the scroll ball was a little weird at first, but now I love it and regular scroll wheels feel very clunky and old to me. Also, the side-squeeze function for Expose is something you can't live without once you start using it.

Some people complain that the scroll ball doesn't work well. I've had times where probably a spec of something gets in there and it won't scroll up or down, but I just run it over a damp cloth a little, as Apple says to do, and it works like new again. I think the complainer just don't try to clean it. Some have even mentioned taking it apart to clean if it gets really bad, which sounds fairly easy to do.

The best part is no wire or even USB adapter and being a very nice low profile design. I can easily toss it in my bag with my MBP without it taking too much room and use it on any surface or in the classroom for easy navigation while others have to deal with the trackpads.

I was hesitant at first too from all the complaints, but I haven't had one significant issue with mine.

Reaction score
If Apple produces a no-complaints mouse after the decades of people grousing about the one-button, the hockey puck and now the Mighty Mouse, the Earth will open up and swallow 1 Infinite Loop.

I bought a third-party two-button mouse for the first system — 8.6? 9? — that would accept it. I had to use hockey pucks on other Macs than my own, and they were awful. I played with a Mighty Mouse for half an hour at an Apple store and finally gave up on it.

There must be some evil anti-decent-mouse force haunting the halls of Apple. You'd think it was rocket science.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If Apple produces a no-complaints mouse after the decades of people grousing about the one-button, the hockey puck and now the Mighty Mouse, the Earth will open up and swallow 1 Infinite Loop.

Whenever I need a good laugh, I should just search your posts!

For the OP, you know what they say, opinions are like ********, everyone has one and most of them stink. I'd say just go try one yourself at an Apple store or Circuit City.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.