adding song to iweb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
I know how to add a song/audio clip to iweb but how do i add it so it auto plays when you go onto the web site?

cheers

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i've searched on google and tried the text wrangler way but it dont work for me? at the moment u still have to choose to play the song when you open the site. There must be a easier way to get it to autoplay?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I dont know about HTML in iWeb, but if i remember rightly you need to add something to do with "Onload" into the page that tells the browser to <insert action> on load :)

Please note this post really is just a guess trying to remember some of the things i done during my GCSE ICT course!

~~ TS ~~

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the reply mate. One way to do it is by converting the mp3 to a.mov but i need quicktime pro for that then editing the html in text edit to allow instant play. Another way is by using text wrangler but i just get that to work, html was different to what should be there. Theres gotta be a easier way. I wuld have thought apple would have allowed for something as simple as this?

cheers

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would have thought alot more people would have replied to this thread?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Apple (and the rest of the members here) are probably of the opinion that web sites that automatically play when you visit them are one of the worst ideas ever to hit the internet :)

Did you try this hint?

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple (and the rest of the members here) are probably of the opinion that web sites that automatically play when you visit them are one of the worst ideas ever to hit the internet :)

Did you try this hint?

starting to think you were right after reading those negative comments. Maybe i'll give it a miss!:Oops:

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.