safari 3 > safari 2 (uninstaller doesn't work)

Reaction score
when i first launched safari3 installer it refused to install. i don't know why, then i used a program called pacifist in order to install it and it executed perfectly. safari3 works fine but i want to revert back to my old safari 2. i have the uninstaller but since i didn't install 3 properly i don't have the file called ".SafariBetaArchive.tar.gz". where can i find a copy of that file, can anybody just send me? and when i found that file, can i uninstall it properly.

thank you, i am not a mac-expert but not a noob either but i really couldn't survive out of this.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums. See if you can't find the file using Spotlight and in the search criteria ask for an invisible file. If not, use AppZapper to get rid of the beta.

OP
H
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac-Forums. See if you can't find the file using Spotlight and in the search criteria ask for an invisible file. If not, use AppZapper to get rid of the beta.

i tried that but appzapper only removes the .app and a .plist file (all 4.8 mb) it doesn't seem to recognize webkit-related files.

M

MacHeadCase

Looks like you'll have to use Spotlight then to fish out the rest of the bits left.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.