safari 3 and msn messenger for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
Hi

I have of recent been having major problems with messenger when clicking links people send and it the unexpectedly quitting on me. I also get it sometimes when I click the red dot to close the conversation window down.

Has anybody else noticed this, it seems to only have started since safari 3 was installed and I know its a beta so there will be bugs - is this one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
MSN Messenger for Mac is far from bad. Oh no. It's awful. Terrible.

I'd recommend you try out Adium instead. It is alot better and works with your MSN contacts/address etc.

There is also one called Mercury Messenger which also works with your MSN user, but lets you do cross-platform video chats.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
yeah I have aMSN and Adium but all my emoticons are on messenger for mac and i dont really need anything flash for video or that.

I was just wondering whether safari 3 had caused this. Probably in the wrong part of the forum in hinesight but anyway.

Thanks

Reaction score
yer me too, ive been having the same problem someone suggested to me that u uninstall safari 3 and go back to the original and then msn works fine. just wait for a more stable version of safari 3 is relesed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Safari 3 beta causes problems with MSN Messenger at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
I get this problem too :( How do I get rid of the Beta version of safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
Yea, I'm having this issue as well. Rather annoying

Reaction score
I have heard u may have to download safari 3 again when u open it it has a uninstall icon click that and safari will be restored to the original one u had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
I have heard u may have to download safari 3 again when u open it it has a uninstall icon click that and safari will be restored to the original one u had.

Yay! Just done this and I'm back to my original version of Safari, muuuuch better :D Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.