• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft: Longhorn to arrive in 2005

T

The mac 13

What to do..microsoft wants to win back the ppl who switched. and also they want ppl to think that it can be compared with os x..probally that time, it will be tiger..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Having had my Mac since Chistmas, I have enjoyed it too much, so when it comes out, I'll see it at friends or on line :p

V

vuschejan

OOh i rmember when Mac tested panther agaisnt longhorn at some kind of meeting both very beta versions not only did Panther blow longhorn out of the water it did huge compiles of movies and such in nearly HALF the time

D

d4rr3n

There is no beta of longhorn, only an alpha. That alpha of longhorn isn't very different from xp so dont expect much from it as far as a sneak peak at longhorn. Longhorn isn't really going to do very well on todays machines, by it's recommended specs i wouldn't expect to come out for at least 2.5 years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.