My first mac - Firefox on Mac OSX how to install

Reaction score
I just bought my first mac and I am trying to install firefox. I downloaded the .dmg but what do I do now? When i clck on it I get this little spash screen. How do I install the bowser?

Reaction score
Double-clicking a disk image will launch the Disk Utility application and mount the virtual disk on your computer.

Some disk images contain a double-clickable installer, but most enable the user to drag the application from the image directly to the applications folder.

Firefox does not have the double-clickable installer, so simply drag the icon on the left to your finder window while the applications folder is open.

Edit: Blast you eric! You beat me too it! :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it's easy with an assist from remain. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
It's almost like I did nothing at all. XD

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
and yet, it comes in handy so often. ;)

Reaction score
I haven't heard of many double-click installers. Can anyone think of software that has that feature?

I gave remain rep for that when you linked it, and tried to give you rep for linking to it, but I apparently love you too much already, and I couldn't give you anymore!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I haven't heard of many double-click installers. Can anyone think of software that has that feature?

I gave remain rep for that when you linked it, and tried to give you rep for linking to it, but I apparently love you too much already, and I couldn't give you anymore!

Off the top of my head, Microsoft Office comes to mind. I believe Parallels also has an installer and Boot Camp definitely does.

Reaction score
So basically the ones that have an uninstaller are most likely double-click install.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So basically the ones that have an uninstaller are most likely double-click install.

Typically, yes. I have run into a few programs that came with an installer program, but not an uninstall utility. Sometimes running the original installer program will perform an uninstall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.