Need Help with Video Card

Reaction score
Something has happened to my video card and I was told I need to buy a new one.

I play a lot of WoW and other games, so I'd like to get a good one, maybe better than what I have now, but I don't know anything about them, what and where to buy.

Could someone tell me what's the best video card to get and where's the cheapest place to get it?

Thank you for any and all help

Here are my comp specs from the "about this mac" section:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATY,R350
Type: Display
Bus: AGP
Slot: SLOT-1
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x4e48
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-A14401-117

Machine Name: Power Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac7,2
CPU Type: PowerPC 970 (2.2)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 900 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.1.5f0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I prefer the ATI lineup now owned by AMD.

Look for great cards like 1600 and the 1950 I think it is called. I built 3 machines for kids and used the 1600 AGP cards and they game constantly with no complaints. I paid about $125 CDN for each adn the 1950 can be over $200 CDN.

Also note that the AGP only versions are on the way out in favour of PCI-e which I do not know if they will work in a Mac properly.

Apple has endorsed Geforce the new iMacs and they rock. I have a 24" iMac with a 22" side monitor and no issues but I am not a gamer.

Where are you in the planet - that info will help us.

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm in Southern California.

Since my post I bought a video card but it doesn't have as many slots, not to mention it doesn't fit the plugin for my monitor :(, so now I have to return it.

I appreciate your help but most of what you said I don't understand. I have NO idea about how video cards work or what you mean with any of those abbreviations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.