QUCIK QUESTION..On leopard switch.

Reaction score
My macbook came with I life and tiger pre-installed. Will leopard also have Ilife? I want to do a a complete erase and install for leopard. Can I just transfer my I-life apps to an external HD?

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

The OS is separate from the iLife suite.

So if you keep your DVD/CD kit that came with your MacBook, you'll be able to reinstall the iLife suite version you got.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
all current os x systems come with ilife (seperate disk) and so i am pretty sure that leopard will come with ilife.

M

MacHeadCase

Chris if you mean iLife is part of the bundled software with new Macs you are right. But if you loose your install disks or want to upgrade your iLife version, you have to buy it separate from the OS. Those are two distinct software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Chris if you mean iLife is part of the bundled software with new Macs you are right. But if you loose your install disks or want to upgrade your iLife version, you have to buy it separate from the OS. Those are two distinct software.
MHC has the correct answer.
OS X and iLife are two very different things. They are not one in the same.
OS X Leopard is an operating system. iLife is a suite of software.
OS X has never included iLife in any retail version, nor will it ever have iLife included with it.
Yes, systems purchased from Apple have a software bundle which includes both pieces of software, but they are still two very different, very separate things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
MHC has the correct answer.
OS X and iLife are two very different things. They are not one in the same.
OS X Leopard is an operating system. iLife is a suite of software.
OS X has never included iLife in any retail version, nor will it ever have iLife included with it.
Yes, systems purchased from Apple have a software bundle which includes both pieces of software, but they are still two very different, very separate things.

I will have to disagree with you. When I bought my imac about 4 months ago roughly, it only came with 2 discs. The 2 10.4 system discs. And when I reinstalled the system from them it seemed to insall the components to the latest ilife too. 2006 I believe. I did not receive a seperate ilife disc.

And yes on the box of my imac it says ilife included.

And as far as I know to get ilife you gotta install the system and it all gets installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I will have to disagree with you. When I bought my imac about 4 months ago roughly, it only came with 2 discs. The 2 10.4 system discs. And when I reinstalled the system from them it seemed to insall the components to the latest ilife too. 2006 I believe. I did not receive a seperate ilife disc.

This doesn't change the fact that they are two different things. I never said that they would come on different discs, but I did say that the software bundle that comes with a new Mac from Apple would have both of them. :)
me said:
The discs you are referring to are not a retail set of the OS, but rather a software bundle. The system software bundle/restore discs you received with your machine may have all of the included software contained on those discs, but it will not change the fact that OS X and iLife are two completely different and separate pieces of software that are in no way connected and should not be seen as one entity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Actually they haven't announced iLife or iWork '07 yet, and I'm starting to wonder if they are going to put them in one pack and bundle them with the OS.

It's just a guess though. And probably wrong.

M

MacHeadCase

This doesn't change the fact that they are two different things. I never said that they would come on different discs, but I did say that the software bundle that comes with a new Mac from Apple would have both of them. :)
The discs you are referring to are not a retail set of the OS, but rather a software bundle. The system software bundle/restore discs you received with your machine may have all of the included software contained on those discs, but it will not change the fact that OS X and iLife are two completely different and separate pieces of software that are in no way connected and should not be seen as one entity.

Yep. Look at the Apple Store for the Apple software (see screenshots) and look at any Mac's specs (you'll see listed in there the software that is bundled with each new Mac).

Besides we upgraded the iBook to iLife 06 from the iLife that came bundled with it. It was either iLife 05 or iLife 04, can't remember which.

Apple_Store.png

iLife.png

Tiger.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.

And as far as I know to get ilife you gotta install the system and it all gets installed.

You should be able to browse the CD/DVD for the packages of the programs that it comes with, and then just double click the ilife package.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.