Any "Must Buy" accessories for the MacBook Pro ?

Reaction score
Are there any "Must Buy" accessories for the MacBook Pro? I read awhile back about the keyboard sometimes leaving a mark on the screen when closed, but I cant remember if this was on the MB or MBP or both. Any other common issues that can be solved by 3rd party accessories?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
some sort of sleeve when you wanna take it on the run.

i bought the incase sleeve. I initially had a macbook, and the 13" sleeve was wonderful. the incase 15", for the mbp, leaves soemthing to be desired though fitment wise.

OP
techmonkey
Reaction score
some sort of sleeve when you wanna take it on the run.

i bought the incase sleeve. I initially had a macbook, and the 13" sleeve was wonderful. the incase 15", for the mbp, leaves something to be desired though fitment wise.

Is the sleeve sort of a like a sock? If so, it only protects against scratches. I would like to get some sort of protection that is more ridid, maybe a modeled case that fits around the notebook like the sleeve does. I already have a nice bag to put the notebook in, but it doesnt have much cushion on the sides.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are quite a few of us around here that have the Spec see thru cases.

Amazon has 'em for $44, might have gotten mine at newegg for $35 I think.

Reaction score
I have that Brenthaven sleve/shoulder bag for my 15" MBP. Fits just perfect! Flipside: Not very much storage for more that just the book, power supply, mouse and some documents. But it's super rigid to protect the book. Carry at around every day to work and back home.

Also got a deal on it in the mac store when I bought the MBP. 30$ was alright...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I have the black incase sleeve for my 15" mbp and have no complaints about it or its fitment. I put the sleeve on and put it in my burton backpack, works great. Theres a great thread about bags etc you might want to search for. I think screen protection from the keyboard is only necessary if you have a glossy screen, I have the matte and the keyboard really doesn't leave any marks on it. Other than that you might want to invest in some trackpad film, I'm picky about trackpad wear and using it gives me one less thing to worry about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i find the size of the 15" INCASE sleeve to be a bit too big for the mbp. the 13" fits the macbook wonderfully, while the 15" doesnt really fit the pro as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz 2gb DDR2 8600gt w/ 128mb vram
OP
techmonkey
Reaction score
Thanks for the links everyone.

What bag is good for the MBP on Crumpler? Their bags look very unique, but the site is crappy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
My not-able-to-live-without accessory was an external mouse. I like the trackpad, it's the best that I've ever used, but when sitting at a table/desk I prefer a mouse. I also have a 22" LCD that has multiple inputs, so I have a wireless keyboard to use with said mouse on said LCD.

Reaction score
Thanks for the links everyone.

What bag is good for the MBP on Crumpler? Their bags look very unique, but the site is crappy :)

I have the Crumpler "considerable embarrassment" bag for my MBP 15". I almost wish I had have gone for the next size up though, as it doesn't hold as much as I would like it to at times, however still a great bag, and I am very pleased. Lots of padding, which is a plus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL
I have the Crumpler Sticky Date (pictured below). I bought it in Europe, not sure if it's available in the States. It's a big bag, the only one that fit my 17" PB. You also get plenty of space for accessories etc. This is the only carry-on bag that I have when traveling; you can get a ton of things in that bag, really. The quality is very good, no sings of wear and tear yet.

STD_002.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I heard the speck cases scratch the MBP when you remove them. This true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
External keyboard/mouse/monitor would be a must. An external hard drive would also be important for extra storage, but mostly for backup. With this setup I have a great laptop that's powerful enough that I don't even miss my desktop.

I got Apple's wireless keyboard and mouse because there's no need for a USB adapter and I knew it would workquickly and easily. The mouse is great with it's compact, low profile design to toss in a shoulder bag without it bulging out or taking up too much space. The scroll ball is great in my opinion, and it's just a beautiful design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.